Garlic is a type of spice commonly used in breads, chutneys, pickles, relishes, curries, and much more!
The flavor profile for garlic can be described as peppery, pungent, and spicy.
Garlic contains over 16+ nutrients including 7 vitamins and 9 minerals. Garlic is also low in sodium, trans fat free, and saturated fat free.
Uses For Garlic
- Chutneys, Pickles, Relishes.
- Dips, Spreads, Salsas.
- Dressings, Marinades.
- Grain Dishes.
- Herb Blends, Rubs.
- Sandwiches, Burgers.
- Soups, Stews.
- When it comes to purchasing garlic, you want to look for firm bulbs with dry, papery skin. Avoid garlic that is soft or has wet spots or sprouts.
- Buy whole heads of garlic from the produce section of your grocery store, and store them in a cool, dark place. Don’t refrigerate—you’ll kill the flavor!
- When you’re ready to cook with garlic, don’t bother peeling the cloves individually—just slice off the top half of each clove (where the papery skin is) so that you can remove the skin along with the top portion of each clove. This will save you tons of time!
- There are many ways to use garlic in cooking. You can eat it raw as a seasoning, roast it, and use it in stir-fries and sauces.
- You can use garlic to flavor mashed potatoes.
- Add it to any sandwich for a kick of flavor.
|Calories 149||Calories From Fat 9|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||0%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Sugars Added 0g|
|Copper 33%||Manganese 93%|
|Phosphorous 22%||Selenium 26%|
|Vitamin B6 95%||Vitamin C 42%|
|Calcium 18%||Pantothenic Acid 12%|
|Riboflavin 10%||Thiamin 18%|
|Zinc 15%||Choline 5%|
|Iron 9%||Magnesium 8%|
|Niacin 5%||Potassium 9%|
|Vitamin K 2%|
* Percent Daily Values Are Based On A 2,000 Calorie Diet. Values Also Vary Based On The Product Brand You Purchase.
- PDV = Percent Daily Values.
- These values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Values vary based on the product brand you purchase.
- PDV generated from 100 grams of Garlic - Fresh.