Kidney Beans are a type of bean commonly used in dips, spreads, salsas, grain dishes, pastas, and much more!
The flavor profile for kidney beans can be described as earthy, fiberous, and starchy.
Kidney Beans contain over 18+ nutrients including 9 vitamins and 9 minerals. Kidney Beans are also low in sodium, trans fat free, and saturated fat free.
Uses For Kidney Beans
- You can find dried kidney beans in prepackaged containers and bulk bins. When you are buying them in bulk or a packaged container, make sure there is no evidence of moisture or insect damage.
- The beans should be whole and not cracked.
- If you want to store your kidney beans for a long time, you should put them in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. They can remain perfectly fine for up to 12 months.
- For storing cooked beans, you can refrigerate them in a covered container. Covered kidney beans will remain fresh for about three days.
- For a healthy meal, you can serve kidney beans over multigrain toast with a lot of cottage cheese on it.
- For a healthy breakfast, mix kidney beans with onions and tomatoes along with lemon juice, olive oil, and black pepper dressing.
- Make a healthy three bean salad by mixing cooked red, white, and black kidney beans.
- To make a healthy and delicious sandwich spread, blend cooked kidney beans with garlic and your favorite seasonings.
|Calories 333||Calories From Fat 9|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||0%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 60g||46%|
|Dietary Fiber 25g||89%|
|Sugars Added 0g|
|Copper 107%||Folate 99%|
|Iron 46%||Magnesium 45%|
|Manganese 57%||Phosphorous 58%|
|Potassium 30%||Riboflavin 20%|
|Thiamin 48%||Vitamin B6 31%|
|Vitamin K 21%||Zinc 35%|
|Calcium 14%||Niacin 15%|
|Pantothenic Acid 16%||Selenium 6%|
|Vitamin C 6%||Vitamin E 1%|
* Percent Daily Values Are Based On A 2,000 Calorie Diet. Values Also Vary Based On The Product Brand You Purchase.
- PDV = Percent Daily Values.
- These values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Values vary based on the product brand you purchase.
- PDV generated from 100 grams of Kidney Beans - Dried - All Types.