Pinto Beans are a type of bean commonly used in dips, spreads, salsas, grain dishes, pastas, and much more!
The flavor profile for pinto beans can be described as creamy, earthy, and nutty.
Pinto Beans contain over 18+ nutrients including 9 vitamins and 9 minerals. Pinto Beans are also sodium free, trans fat free, and saturated fat free.
Uses For Pinto Beans
- To store dried pinto beans, find a cool dry place for them in your pantry, and they can stay good for up to a year.
- Always sort and wash beans with water before cooking with water and look out for any stones or debris.
- Soaking pinto beans overnight helps reduce the cooking time and makes them easier for digestion. This is highly recommended!
- Blending cooked pinto beans with sage and garlic makes an awesome dip.
- You can add pinto beans in rice dishes and also use them in place of kidney beans.
- Pinto beans make an excellent addition in soups, enhancing their flavor and making them creamier and more plump.
|Calories 143||Calories From Fat 9|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||0%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||32%|
|Sugars Added 0g|
|Copper 24%||Folate 43%|
|Manganese 25%||Phosphorous 21%|
|Iron 12%||Magnesium 16%|
|Selenium 11%||Thiamin 17%|
|Vitamin B6 18%||Zinc 12%|
|Calcium 5%||Choline 8%|
|Niacin 2%||Pantothenic Acid 4%|
|Potassium 9%||Riboflavin 5%|
|Vitamin C 1%||Vitamin E 6%|
|Vitamin K 4%|
* Percent Daily Values Are Based On A 2,000 Calorie Diet. Values Also Vary Based On The Product Brand You Purchase.
- PDV = Percent Daily Values.
- These values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Values vary based on the product brand you purchase.
- PDV generated from 100 grams of Pinto Beans - Dried.