Dates are a type of fruit commonly used in beverages, cakes, candies, and much more!
The flavor profile for dates can be described as chewy, rich, and sugary.
Dates contain over 16+ nutrients including 8 vitamins and 8 minerals. Dates are also sodium free, trans fat free, and saturated fat free.
Uses For Dates
- Crumbles, Cobblers, Crisps.
- Dressings, Marinades.
- Frostings, Fillings.
- Ice Cream, Frozen Desserts.
- Pies, Tarts, Pastries.
- Slices, Bars.
- One way to ensure the quality of dates you purchase is to get fresh organic ones. These might not be pitted, but you can do that before eating or cooking them.
- Always wash dates before using them. However, you do not need to wash them before storing but if you do, pat them dry so that moisture does not spoil them when stored.
- Dates can easily be stored in the refrigerator for about a year.
- Dates are an excellent alternative to processed sugar for shakes, smoothies, and desserts.
- A pro tip for using dates as natural sugar is to make a paste of dates beforehand. Blend 2 cups of pitted dates with about one and a quarter cup of water.
|Calories 277||Calories From Fat 0|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 75g||58%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||24%|
|Sugars Added 0g|
|Copper 40%||Magnesium 17%|
|Manganese 17%||Niacin 12%|
|Pantothenic Acid 16%||Potassium 15%|
|Vitamin B6 19%||Calcium 6%|
|Choline 2%||Folate 4%|
|Iron 5%||Phosphorous 9%|
|Riboflavin 5%||Thiamin 5%|
|Vitamin A 1%||Vitamin K 3%|
* Percent Daily Values Are Based On A 2,000 Calorie Diet. Values Also Vary Based On The Product Brand You Purchase.
- PDV = Percent Daily Values.
- These values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Values vary based on the product brand you purchase.
- PDV generated from 100 grams of Dates - Fresh - Medjool.