Corn is a type of grain commonly used in breads, cakes, dips, spreads, salsas, and much more!
The flavor profile for corn can be described as buttery, juicy, and sweet.
Corn contains over 16+ nutrients including 8 vitamins and 8 minerals. Corn is also low in sodium, trans fat free, and saturated fat free.
Uses For Corn
- Dips, Spreads, Salsas.
- Grain Dishes.
- Grills, BBQ.
- Pancakes, Waffles, Crêpes.
- Soups, Stews.
- When buying corn, take a look at the outside of the corn, the husk. You want the corn husk to be bright green, wrapped tightly against the corn, and slightly damp. These are the freshest cobs!
- Don’t peel back the husk until you are ready to cook the corn! This shortens the life of the corn, causing it to dry out.
- You can cut corn kernels off the cob without making a mess. Place one end of the ear of corn on the centerpiece of a bundt cake pan, then using a knife and gently scrape down each side of the ear.
- Simply wrap a wet paper towel around an ear of shucked corn and stick it in the microwave. The water and heat will steam the corn in about 90 seconds.
- Spicy corn, black bean & feta salad is an exciting main-course salad, packed with interesting flavors and textures (a vegetarian favorite).
|Calories 86||Calories From Fat 9|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||0%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Sugars Added 0g|
|Folate 11%||Magnesium 12%|
|Niacin 13%||Pantothenic Acid 14%|
|Phosphorous 13%||Thiamin 15%|
|Choline 5%||Copper 6%|
|Iron 3%||Manganese 9%|
|Potassium 6%||Riboflavin 5%|
|Selenium 1%||Vitamin A 1%|
|Vitamin B6 7%||Vitamin C 9%|
* Percent Daily Values Are Based On A 2,000 Calorie Diet. Values Also Vary Based On The Product Brand You Purchase.
- PDV = Percent Daily Values.
- These values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Values vary based on the product brand you purchase.
- PDV generated from 100 grams of Corn - Fresh - Sweet.